Turkey Neck: How to Get Rid of It?
“Turkey neck” is something we all experience. No matter how young you are, your Neck will reveal your age.
To see the age of a redwood tree, you must open it. But you wouldn’t need to do that if it had one.
You may have tried neck-tightening exercises or neck-firming creams. Has neck-lift tape been used? You know that there is no improvement.
Surgical options are an option if you want to get rid of ropey, wrinkled, or loose neck skin. These are the best choices for dramatic results.
Are you not ready to undergo surgery? Many exciting opportunities are available for improving the turkey neck that is not invasive.
What is Turkey Neck?
This often-ignored skin condition is a significant problem for people aged 40-70 and over. The skin of our necks becomes less elastic and supports less as we age.
Along with the fatty deposits that provide structure and firmness, our skin’s collagen and elastin reserves are depleted.
The result is a wrinkled neck. That is the most obvious sign of aging. There are simple, non-surgical options to tighten and define a wrinkled or sagging Neck.
How To Get Rid Of Turkey Neck
- Ultherapy® is the FDA-approved, non-invasive, and most innovative technology device to lift the skin around the Neck and chin.
The device uses ultrasound technology to heat the deeper layers of skin down to the neck muscles (platysmal muscle). That stimulates collagen remodeling and tightening.
The skin is then lifted and tightened, improving the jawline. Because your practitioner can ensure that the ultrasound energy is directed precisely at where it is most needed, results are highly effective.
- Thread lifting takes only 30 minutes and is popular among celebrities. It gives you a natural, refined, lifted appearance that doesn’t require surgery.
We place fine threads under the skin’s surface using a local anesthetic to lift and tug on the most needed tissue.
It adds a lot of power to the Neck, making it appear smoother, younger, and fresher. The results last for approximately 18 months.
Tighten And Flatten Neck Skin
Fat is often not the main characteristic of turkey neck. Skin laxity and neckbands are often the most noticeable features in lean individuals. Several non-surgical options are available, including:
- Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin – Botox injections can effectively relax the platysmal band and soften its appearance when performed by an expert.
- Ultrasound waves are used in Ultherapy to target facial and neck tissues. It strengthens and tightens the skin by stimulating new collagen formation.
- Thermage– This radio frequency therapy stimulates new collagen production and helps firm and plump skin.
- INTRAcel and Vivace – Like Thermage, INTRAcel or Vivace treat skin laxity using radiofrequency treatment. They do this in conjunction with microneedling to reduce wrinkling appearance.
- Firming, non-ablative Lasers – Instead of removing the skin’s top layers as ablatives do, many devices emit intense laser light below to build collagen and remodel the skin.
- The NLite Pulsed Dye Laser uses low-energy yellow lights. Fraxel Restore is another fractional erbium laser that penetrates the skin to provide neck tightening.
6 Exercises To Get Rid Of Turkey Neck
Turkey Neck is caused by excess fat in the Neck, loose skin around Neck, and muscle weakness. Turkey’s Neck could also be an indication of aging. Turkey’s Neck can be caused by collagen loss in the neck area, which causes the skin to lose its elasticity.
Fish Face Exercise:
- Sit in a comfortable chair with your shoulders back straight.
- Point your chin upwards and look up as high as possible.
- Slowly move your lower lip towards your upper lip, covering it completely. You will feel tightness in the neck area and muscles.
- For best results, keep this position for approximately 10 seconds.
- Repeat the process about ten times.
Keep your head up and your mouth closed while doing the tongue pressure exercise. Make sure you relax your shoulders.
Try flexing the muscles below your jaw while pressing your tongue.
Keep your tongue pressure constant and bring the chin towards the chest.
Lip Pursing: Push the lips outwards while also stretching the chin forward. That will cause a stretch to the saggy neck muscles that causes them to become tight.
This position should be held for approximately 15 seconds.
The type and treatment method used to treat turkey neck will determine the patient’s outlook.
The most effective treatment for turkey neck is neck exercises, but surgeries and other medical procedures are the best. Cosmetic creams fall somewhere in between.
Talk to your doctor if you have concerns about your turkey neck. They can suggest the best treatment.